Monday, March 7, 2011

The 21-Day Challenge

Reading the word of God is extremely hard. Have you noticed that as soon as you make a decision to begin reading it, you are either very "tired" or there is so much going on in your life that you have no time to read it. I am making a commitment today, that throughout the next 21 days I will read the word of God and meditate in it. I began with John 1.

The Book of John, opens up with the proverbial question of where did God come from? However I believe that the writer wants for the reader to decide whether he/she believes in God or not, because if not, then it would be best for the reader not to continue reading the rest of the passage. Did God always exist? Was Jesus really God in flesh form? It is a decision that each person in the universe faces. One has to decide whether to believe or not.
Two of John's disciples decided to follow Jesus. One of them was Andrew, I wonder if he followed Him more out of curiosity than devotion or faith? It does not matter, bottom line He followed Him....
I want to be like that guy and follow Jesus, with or without any questions...

No comments:

Post a Comment